Flat steel backplate with riveted burnished steel numbers, overall measurement being 28GWR fully titled Enamel Notice 'Caution Electric Gear.... Measures 11Nameplate, SAINT NICHOLAS together with a non original crest. Named in December 1992 by the Lord Bishop of Newcastle, removed from the loco in March 1996. Manufactured by Salter and marked 'Bourden Patent'. The second has a 4 enamel dial max pressure 150 psi. Enamel Advertising Sign 'Pickfords Removal Service Enquiries Received Here' in a bronze frame.Named after the patron saint of children to mark the 900th anniversary of Newcastle Cathedral. Early blue Removal Van at top with blue lettering beneath on a pale yellow ground, 18 x 21.Face cleaned rear ex loco with prolific blue paint runs. Bears a location plate 'LMS TFC Dept YNYSDDL' Complete with reservoir and burner. North British Locomotive Company Glasgow brass diamond Worksplate No 26904 dated 1952. A few repairs in the top third and some loss of shine but overall very good. Ex GWR station, opened in 1878 by the Brynmawr and Blaenavon Railway later absorbed into the London and North Western Railway connecting with the Heads of the Valleys Line taking coal directly to the Midlands.Note Ynysddl was a station was between Pontllanfraith and Risca, the Lower Goods being on the L&NWR Penllwyn Tramway. Ex GER 0-6-2T N7 Class Locomotive built Gorton Works December 1927 and numbered 2637. A Stratford loco until withdrawal in November 1960. Ex 3 ft 6 ins Gauge Sudan Government Railways 2-8-2 Class 310 No. It is understood that the Class operated into the 1970s but appear to have gone by the end of the century. A junction with the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway led to joint use once that railway was absorbed into the Great Western Railway.
Depicts a boy and girl in traditional Dutch costume and windmill in the background.
Worksplate Beyer Peacock (Hymek) Ltd No 7951 Manchester 1962.
Ex Hymek locomotive number D7047, released to traffic in August 1962 and allocated to Bristol Bath Road.
Evocative view before the new road bridge changed everything. GWR & Rhymney Railway 12 Oak Cased Fusee Dial Clock. In working condition complete with pendulum and Key. Ex Stanier Black 5 locomotive built Armstrong Whitworth under works number 1287 in 1936. North British Locomotive Company Glasgow brass diamond Worksplate No 26904 dated 1952. New to Doncaster in November 1946 subsequently moving to Mexborough in 1959 then back to Doncaster and finally to Langwith Junction.
Original, early chain drive fusee movement with shaped shoulders and tapered pillars and an oak case with 2 side doors, bottom door and eight piece segmented surround. Allocations include Newton Heath, Burton-on-Trent, Warrington Edge Hill, Crewe North, Chester L. Ex 3 ft 6 ins Gauge Sudan Government Railways 2-8-2 Class 310 No. It is understood that the Class operated into the 1970s but appear to have gone by the end of the century. Withdrawn in July 1965 and sent to Cohen British Railways enamel Roundel BIRMINGHAM SNOW HILL F/F, 34 diameter. Wake, Dealers , of Darlington and was sold on to James Smith who owned an Ironworks at Hamworthy in Dorset.
Search for erodating Chemnitz:
A western region loco for most of its life but ended up in Scotland.